Lamb rump, Saffron and white wine risotto, with broad beans and peas served with a basil pesto
Preparation time:20 minutes
Cooking time:45 minutes
2 lamp rumps200g arborio risotto rice
1 jar of saffron
250ml dry white wine
frozen broad beans and peas
1 litre chicken stock
basil pesto to finish
Lemongrass & thyme infused oil
1. marinate the lamb rumps in rosemary and garlic oil2. heat some Lemongrass & Thyme oil in a pot and add the risotto rice and gently fry for 5 minutes while gently stirring.
3. add add the white wine to the rice along with the saffron and stir continuously until the white wine has evaporated.
4. slowly add the chicken stock to the rice allowing the rice to absorb the stock. keep adding the stock as it dries and continue this method until the rice is cooked through.
5. add the peas and broad beans to the risotto.
6. pan fry the lamb rumps for 6 minutes either side and rest for 5 minutes.
7. slice the lamb rump and place on a bed of risotto and drizzle some pesto over the dish.
View more Lamb recipes