Marinated tuna nicoise salad, green beans, jersey royals, quails eggs and tomatoes
Preparation time:25 minutes
Cooking time:45 minutes
400g Tuna Loin
6 x Quails Eggs
1 x Packet of Jersey Royals
1 x Pack of Green Beans
1 x punnet of Cherry Tomatoes
1 x bag of Mixed Leaves
100g Pitted Black Olives
1. Marinate the tuna in Lemongrass & Thyme Oil for 20 minutes
2. Bring 2 pans of water to the boil.
3. Add potatoes to water and cook until tender (fall off a knife)
4. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot
5. Add eggs and green beans to the water and blanch for 5 minutes and then put into ice cold water.
6. Plunge the cooked potatoes into ice cold water to cool.
7. Place Tuna into griddle pan and cook for 2 minutes either side (for a steak)
8. Remove Tuna and leave to stand for 2 minutes while prepping the salad.
9. Half the Jersey Royals, quails eggs and green beans and toss together with mixed leaves, cherry tomatoes and pitted black olives and dress with Lemongrass & Thyme.
10. Serve with the Tuna on top of the Salad.